(HealthDay News) -- Chronic pain can significantly affect your quality of life, physical health and mental health.
The Cleveland Clinic suggests these coping techniques:
- Practice deep breathing and other stress management methods to help you relax. Maintain a positive attitude.
- Create goals that are attainable. Remember to pace yourself and don't do too much at once.
- Establish a schedule that makes time for relaxation and exercise.
- Join a chronic pain support group.
- Talk with your doctor about how your medications work and side effects.
- Limit alcohol, and don't smoke.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.