(HealthDay News) -- Back pain is not typical in children, and can signal something more serious.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says your child should see a doctor if your child complains of back pain along with any of these additional symptoms:
- Losing weight, or running a fever.
- Having weakness or numbness.
- Having difficulty walking.
- Having pain that travels down both legs.
- Developing trouble with the bladder or bowels.
- Having pain that interferes with sleep.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.