(HealthDay News) -- Make time each day to enjoy family gatherings, to keep members close and healthier.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends:
- Relax during a family movie night. Indulge in pizza, popcorn and your favorite family flick.
- Enjoy Sunday morning breakfast and read the newspaper together.
- If there's a snowstorm, head outdoors to play in the snow and build a snowman. Then shovel together.
- Celebrate a family member's accomplishment with a special dessert.
- Look at old family photo albums or home videos and talk about family memories. Share stories around the fireplace.
- Head out for a drive, enjoying the scenery and stopping to explore an interesting spot.
- Go bowling, play a board game, play cards or dominoes.
- Tackle household tasks together.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.