(HealthDay News) -- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it's a good idea to have kids create their own nutritious start.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these ideas for what to include:
- A slice of whole-wheat toast, served with a slice of cheese and 100 percent whole-fruit juice.
- Milk with iron-fortified cereal topped with slices of banana.
- A tangerine with a whole-wheat tortilla, bread or waffle spread with peanut butter.
- Instant oatmeal topped with fresh fruit and milk, or cereal served with a scoop of frozen yogurt and fruit.
- A slice of leftover pizza, leftover macaroni and cheese, or spaghetti paired with a banana.
- Slices of cheese and apple between graham crackers or whole-wheat crackers.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.