T(HealthDay News) -- Children can get eye injuries from everyday play or exposure to harmful objects. But parents can take steps to help prevent these injuries.
The University of Michigan Health System suggests:
- Never let children throw things at each other.
- Establish a rule about never running while holding an object that is sharp, long or pointed.
- Store all cleaning products out of a child's reach.
- Store clothes hangers in the closet.
- Set a good example by wearing eye protection whenever needed.
- Schedule regular eye exams for your child.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.