(HealthDay News) -- Metabolic syndrome, sometimes called pre-diabetes, is a group of risk factors that increase your risk of heart disease.
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute says metabolic syndrome includes:
- Having excess abdominal fat, which increases the circumference of your waist.
- Having high levels of fatty triglycerides in the blood.
- Having low levels of HDL ("good") cholesterol.
- Having high blood pressure.
- Having a high fasting blood sugar.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.