(HealthDay News) -- For anyone who exercises, especially athletes, sprains and strains are a part of the game.
To help ward off these soft-tissue injuries, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests:
- Make sure clothing fits loosely and comfortably, and shoes are in good shape.
- Use protective gear.
- Create a balanced exercise regimen that incorporates different types of activity.
- Always warm up before a workout and cool down afterward.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after exercise.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes each day. But take a day off when you're tired or sore.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.