(HealthDay News) -- If you've got high blood pressure, you must work with your doctor to help keep it under control.
The U.S. National Heart Lung and Blood Institute recommends:
- Eat a healthy diet, get regular exercise and stay at a healthy body weight.
- Take all of your medications as prescribed. Don't skip pills or let a prescription run out.
- Follow your doctor's orders for checkups and tests.
- Learn to check your blood pressure at home.
- Log your pressure readings in a journal.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.