Here are some of the latest health and medical news developments, compiled by the editors of HealthDay:
Breast Cancer Surgery Complications Send Sandra Lee to Hospital
Sandra Lee was admitted to hospital Tuesday night for treatment of complications from her recent double mastectomy.
The 49-year-old Food Network star developed a buildup of fluids and is expected to be monitored in hospital for a couple of days, the Associated Press reported.
Lee underwent the double mastectomy in May after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
A person close to Lee's family confirmed her hospitalization, but wasn't authorized to speak about Lee's medical condition and spoke on condition of anonymity, the AP reported.
Food Services Company Aramark Promises Healthier Meals
U.S. food services giant Aramark says it will develop healthier meals for its clients.
The Philadelphia-based company serves 2 billion meals a year in schools, hospitals, universities, businesses, sports venues and other settings, the Associated Press reported.
Aramark is working with the American Heart Association to reduce fat and salt in its meals by 20 percent by 2020, and said it will increase the amount of fruits, vegetables and whole grains by the same amount.
The amount of produce the company buys is expected to rise from 200 million pounds to 240 million pounds a year, the AP reported.
Large Decrease in New Ebola Cases: WHO
The number of new Ebola cases in Sierra Leone and Guinea fell to its lowest number in more than a year last week, and no new cases were reported in Liberia, the World Health Organization said Tuesday.
"That progress is real," Dr. Bruce Aylward, an assistant director general of the WHO, said at a news conference in Geneva, The New York Times reported.
The epidemic of the deadly disease in West Africa could be over by the end of the year, according to Aylward. "We can get there," he said.
However, Aylward added that additional flare-ups of the disease are likely before the end of the outbreak, which has killed more than 11,000 people since it began in late 2013, The Times reported.
More than 380 People in 26 States Ill from Tainted Cilantro: U.S. Officials
A stomach illness linked to Mexican cilantro contaminated by human waste has been diagnosed in more than 380 people in 26 states, according to the U.S. government.
The outbreak of the intestinal infection cyclosporiasis that appears to have started after May 1 is being investigated by the Centers for Disease Control and the Food and Drug Administration, the Associated Press reported.
The infection causes diarrhea, nausea and fatigue that can last for weeks to month if untreated.
The contamination on the Mexican cilantro may be the result of "contact with the parasite shed from the intestinal tract of humans" in growing fields, contaminated water, or during processing and packaging, the FDA said.
The agency said preliminary findings suggest that cases of infection among people in Texas and Wisconsin can be linked to cilantro from the state of Puebla, Mexico, the AP reported.
Cilantro from Puebla was linked to outbreaks of the stomach illness in the U.S. in 2012, 2013 and 2014, according to the FDA.