(HealthDay News) -- If you're heading outdoors, especially during dawn or dusk, remember to protect yourself against insect bites.
The Environmental Working Group offers these tips:
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt and long pants to keep bugs away.
- You may want to use a DEET or Picaridin insect repellent.
- But avoid using insect repellent excessively during pregnancy.
- Avoid using oil of lemon eucalyptus or PMD during pregnancy.
- Wash hands after applying insect repellent, and wash the repellent off when you come inside.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.