(HealthDay News) -- Golf is a great way to relieve stress and get active, but it's important to take precautions to ward off injury.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons recommends:
- Perform some basic stretches before picking up your clubs. Pay attention to the shoulders, legs and back, and take a few practice swings.
- Protect yourself from the sun by wearing sunscreen and sunglasses, as well as a brimmed hat.
- Drink plenty of fluids before, during and after golf, even if you don't feel thirsty.
- Keep feet inside the golf cart at all times.
- Be aware of other players on the course.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.