(HealthDay News) -- Treat your feet well if you're going to be exercising, making sure you find a pair of well-fitted, supportive shoes.
The American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society advises:
- Shop at a specialty store and take advantage of its expertise.
- Try on shoes at the end of the day or after a run, when your feet are largest. Wear the socks you will wear while exercising.
- Shoes should be comfortable from the start, and you should be able to easily move your toes.
- Lace shoes properly when trying them on. Walk or run a few steps in them, making sure that the shoes firmly grip your heels.
- Look for a sport-specific shoe if you plan to play a particular sport.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.