(HealthDay News) -- A walking program is a great way to include exercise in your daily routine. But you should always check with your doctor first.
The Weight-loss Information Network says a doctor's approval is particularly needed if you have:
- Been diagnosed with asthma, diabetes or heart trouble.
- Pain in your arm, neck or chest when you are active.
- Frequent dizzy spells.
- Breathing trouble after physical activity.
- Problems affecting your bones or joints that make it hard to walk.
- Led a sedentary lifestyle and you are older than 40.
- A health problem that might be affected by walking.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.