(HealthDay News) -- Having lots of moles may mean you're worried about skin cancer. Checking your skin often for changes and certain warning signs can help alleviate those fears.
The American Academy of Dermatology recommends:
- Regularly inspect your skin, evaluating all of your moles. Look for any changes or unusual looking moles.
- See your dermatologist if any of your moles bleed, itch or change.
- Don't lie in the sun or use a tanning bed.
- Use sunscreen whenever outdoors to help prevent sunburn.
- See a dermatologist if you have 100 or more moles, or a significant portion of your body is covered with darker patches.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.