(HealthDay News) -- Your doctor can suggest ways to cope with heartburn, but it's up to you to start the conversation.
The American Academy of Family Physicians suggests:
- Ask about recommended over-the-counter heartburn medications.
- Discuss possible causes and triggers of your heartburn, and what you can do to manage it.
- Talk about lifestyle changes that you can make.
- Ask about other health conditions that could be causing your heartburn.
- Discuss your favorite foods and whether they may be contributing to your heartburn.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.