(HealthDay News) -- When arthritis strikes your hip, the pain and stiffness can make it difficult to get through the day.
Here are suggested coping techniques, courtesy of the University of California San Francisco Medical Center:
- Seek treatment early to help prevent additional damage and disability.
- Give your hip a rest as much as possible.
- Practice a regular physical therapy regimen. Opt for exercises that are easy on the hips, such as swimming or water aerobics.
- Take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to manage pain.
- Get plenty of sleep every night.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.