(HealthDay News) -- Preventing a chemical emergency may be as easy as following the instructions on each product's label.
The American Red Cross offers these preventive suggestions:
- Never mix household chemicals, including ordinary cleaning products. Before you use any product, read and follow the instructions for use.
- Keep all chemical products away from food and out of a child's reach.
- Keep all chemical products away from open flames.
- If you spill a chemical, clean it up immediately, making sure to protect your skin and eyes.
- Dispose of any chemical products safely and properly.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.