(HealthDay News) -- Children and teens aren't immune to stress and mental health issues, and parents should be aware of potential warning signs.
The American Academy of Pediatrics says don't ignore these behaviors from your children:
- Changes in sleep habits, whether sleeping excessively or not getting enough.
- Low self-esteem.
- Losing interest in once-enjoyed hobbies.
- In a sudden reversal, doing poorly in school.
- Losing appetite, or significant weight loss.
- Unusual changes in behavior, such as unexplained aggression or anger.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.