(HealthDay News) -- If your toe is broken, you may not be able to tell unless you know the warning signs. You may still be able to walk on a broken toe.
The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons mentions these symptoms:
- Hearing a sound when the toe breaks, or feeling pain at the time of the injury. The pain may go away after a few hours.
- Having a toe that appears abnormally formed.
- Having swelling or bruising of the toe.
- Having pain that subsides during rest and returns during activity.
- Having pain when you touch the toe.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.