(HealthDay News) -- Your toothbrush is key to keeping your mouth clean, so make sure it's not full of germs.
The American Dental Association suggests:
- Never share your toothbrush with anyone else.
- After brushing, rinse your toothbrush to wash away debris.
- Place your toothbrush in a container, upright, that allows it to air dry without touching any other toothbrush.
- Store your toothbrush in the open. Do not cover it or put it in a closed space.
- Get a new toothbrush every three-to-four months. Replace a child's toothbrush even more frequently.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.