(HealthDay News) -- During the unpredictable winter months, it's a good idea to pack your car with some emergency essentials -- in case you're stranded.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommends including:
- An ice scraper, small broom and snow shovel.
- Something to give you traction if you get stuck, such as kitty litter.
- A flashlight and a set of jumper cables.
- A box of flares.
- A few blankets to keep you warm, as well as some water, non-perishable snacks and a supply of medicine.
- A cell phone and charger.
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.