(HealthDay News) -- If you want to get your family on a path to better health, start with a few simple steps.
The Letsmove.gov website suggests:
- Place a bowl of fresh fruit within your child's reach, so he or she can grab a quick, healthy snack.
- Enjoy a walk as a family each evening after dinner.
- Plan your menu for the following week, and encourage children to help with preparation and cooking.
- Don't watch TV while you eat. Enjoy the time together as a family.
- Speak with your child's principal about organizing a health team at school.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.