(HealthDay News) -- When you're stressed, it's important to handle it correctly so your health doesn't suffer.
The American Heart Association asks these questions about how you manage stress:
- Do you eat, smoke or drink alcohol to help yourself cope?
- Do you eat and/or speak very quickly?
- Do you feel like you're always in a hurry, but are not accomplishing anything?
- Do you work too much and put off doing the things you must do?
- Do you have an erratic sleep schedule -- sleeping too much, too little or both?
- Do you feel like you're always trying to get too much done at one time?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may be too stressed and should find better ways to cope, the AHA says.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.