(HealthDay News) -- Do your part to help stem climate change. The solution starts at home.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency suggests:
- Replace five frequently used lights with ENERGY STAR bulbs. When buying a new appliance, look for the ENERGY STAR label.
- Cut energy use with a programmable thermostat, keep air filters clean and have your system professionally serviced. Make sure your home is properly insulated.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle when possible.
- Don't waste water. Don't let the faucet run when you aren't using it, and fix any leaks.
- Compost food and yard waste.
- Buy "green" power. Consider installing solar panels.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.