(HealthDay News) -- Taking extra care while shaving can help prevent nicks, cuts and ingrown hair.
The American Academy of Dermatology advises:
- To soften the hair and skin, shower or wet the skin before shaving.
- Lather with a shaving gel or cream.
- Use a fresh blade. A disposable blade should be tossed after 5 to 7 uses.
- Shave in the direction of the growing hair.
- Acne-prone shavers should try both electric and disposable blades to see which is less irritating. Shave carefully with a fresh blade, using light pressure.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.