(HealthDay News) -- To help make sure that kids get enough exercise, encourage physical activity all day long.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommends:
- Having a physical education class in school each day for at least 30 minutes. This should be supplemented with classes such as dance or swimming, either inside or outside of school.
- Taking kids outdoors to explore the backyard, neighborhood or park.
- Organizing fun activities, such as "Simon Says" or a backyard game of soccer or basketball.
- Getting your child involved in organized sports.
- Walking or biking to school together, if possible.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.