(HealthDay News) -- Self-monitoring is an important part of losing and maintaining a healthy weight. Weighing yourself regularly can help you stay on track.
The Obesity Action Coalition suggests:
- Weigh yourself once weekly.
- Use the same scale each time. If possible, use a scale at home or a gym, which may be more accurate.
- Weigh yourself on the same day of the week and at the same time of day.
- Log your weight each week to track your progress.
- Don't weigh yourself more than once weekly, as there are normal weight fluctuations from day to day.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.