(HealthDay News) -- Planning to shed a few pounds before that upcoming wedding or party?
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice:
- Create a diet plan with realistic goals. Track your progress.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables at each meal, with small servings of carbohydrates and protein.
- Get a minimum of 2 1/2 hours of exercise per week.
- To lose about 1 pound each week, trim about 500 calories per day from your diet. Nix potato chips in favor of veggies, and have fruit for dessert.
- Weigh yourself weekly, and chart your progress.
- Use this plan as a way to begin a healthy lifestyle, and continue it long after the event is over.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.