(HealthDay News) -- Most people know that smoking is bad for your lungs and heart, but experts say it also may take a toll on your bones and muscles.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says smoking:
- Raises the risk of developing osteoarthritis.
- Makes your bones and muscles more vulnerable to injury and disease.
- Increases healing time from fractures.
- Increases the risk of complications after surgery.
- May increase the risk of bone fractures.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.