(HealthDay News) -- You've just finished a grueling 26-mile race and your body aches all over. What should you do?
The American Council on Exercise offers this advice:
- Take five-to-10 minutes to cool down. Change clothes right away, so you stay dry and warm. Perform gentle stretches.
- Ice sore muscles and joints. Treat yourself to a gentle massage.
- Rest and let your body replenish.
- Drink plenty of non-alcoholic fluids.
- Have a carbohydrate/protein shake within 15 minutes of finishing.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.