(HealthDay News) -- Losing teeth does not have to be a normal part of aging, as long as you take care of them.
The Mouthhealthy.org website from the American Dental Association advises:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or electric brush twice daily.
- Use dental floss every day.
- Clean dentures each day. And don't sleep with them in your mouth.
- Drink plenty of tap water (that contains fluoride) to protect teeth from decay.
- Don't smoke.
- Visit a dentist regularly.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.