(HealthDay News) -- Poultry is a great source of protein, but you still have to choose healthier cuts and prepare it properly.
The American Academy of Family Physicians advises:
- Opt for skinless poultry, and stir-fry or pan-broil it.
- Roast, bake or broil poultry over frying.
- Skip butter or margarine and use a cooking spray in a nonstick pan.
- Trim fat and pull off skin before cooking.
- Opt for breasts, which are protein-rich but low in fat.
- Choose chicken over goose or duck, which are higher in fat.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.