(HealthDay News) -- Preparing your child for the start of camp can help ease the transition and make your child feel more secure.
The American Academy of Pediatrics offers these ideas:
- Work with your child on how to play nicely with other kids, concentrating on avoiding fighting and crying.
- Practice sitting quietly and listening attentively.
- Teach your child to use the toilet independently.
- Practice using buttons and zippers.
- Teach your child your address, phone number and repeating his or her full name.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.