(HealthDay News) -- Some artificial nail kits contain toxic chemicals, so it's important to follow safety precautions when using and storing them.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Storing all at-home nail kits and products out of a child's reach.
- Applying artificial nails only in a well-ventilated room.
- Being careful not to get any chemicals on your skin.
- Making it a point to never cut your cuticles or filing down the surface of your nails.
- Following the kit's instructions carefully, and only using recommended materials.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.