(HealthDay News) -- Working in your yard is a great way to get exercise, fresh air and relieve stress.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention advises these safety precautions:
- Wear sufficient clothing to protect against sun damage and insect bites.
- Use caution in the heat, limiting outdoors time when temperatures are high. Pace yourself to avoid overheating.
- Drink plenty of fluids, but avoid caffeinated, carbonated, high-sugar and alcoholic drinks.
- Use caution while using yard equipment and chemicals.
- Vaccinate, especially against tetanus.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.