(HealthDay News) -- Washing your face correctly can lead to healthier, more radiant skin.
The American Academy of Dermatology suggests:
- Washing the face with an alcohol-free, non-abrasive cleanser.
- Using lukewarm water to dampen the face, then using fingertips to gently cleanse. Do not use sponges, washcloths or any product that could irritate skin.
- Avoiding scrubbing your skin while or after washing. Gently pat the skin dry with a clean towel.
- Applying moisturizer, using extra care around the eyes.
- Avoiding washing your face more than twice daily. But do wash after you've been sweating.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.