(HealthDay News) -- Making your exercise routine more enjoyable and fun helps ensure that you'll continue.
The American Heart Association suggests:
- Make sure shoes are comfortable and fit properly, and that your clothing is appropriate for the weather. Clothing should fit comfortably and loosely.
- Start out slowly, and stick to a consistent workout time, schedule and place. If you miss a workout, start again as soon as you can.
- Make sure your expectations are reasonable, based on your health and ability to exercise.
- Opt for fun activities with family and friends.
- Track your progress, how you feel and reward yourself for success.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.