(HealthDay News) -- Before sending your child to college, sure your teen is ready to take charge of his or her own health.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests:
- Visit the doctor to ensure your child is up to date on all vaccinations.
- Find out how to coordinate health care between the doctor at home and the health center at school.
- Make sure your child knows about how any health conditions are treated.
- Prep your child about all medications, what they are for and any possible side effects.
- Talk to your child about where to go at school if he or she feels sick.
- Make sure your child understands how health insurance works.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.