(HealthDay News) -- Bedbugs are crafty little critters that can sneak into your luggage while you're traveling, then make themselves comfortable in your home.
The University of Minnesota Extension suggests:
- Packing anything that could harbor bedbugs in a sealed plastic bag.
- Separating laundry according to color, so you can put dirty laundry directly into the washing machine.
- Laundering all clothing in the hottest setting possible.
- Inspecting your luggage for bedbugs. If you see them, wash luggage with a scrub brush and hot, soapy water.
- Heating infested items to 120 degrees Fahrenheit for at least two hours. Or freezing infested items to 23 degrees Fahrenheit for at least five days.
Copyright © 2015 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.