(HealthDay News) -- If you push your body hard during exercise, you may have sore muscles the next day.
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions:
- Gently stretch sore muscles.
- Treat your muscles to a gentle massage.
- Use an ice pack to ease inflammation.
- Use a heating pad to promote blood flow.
- Use an over-the-counter pain medicine, such as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID.)
- Give muscles time to rest and recover.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.