(HealthDay News) -- To offset all of those holiday feasts, don't forget to get plenty of exercise.
The American Heart Association suggests these activities:
- Have a family sledding party. Hoofing it up a snowy hill is great exercise, while sledding back down is great fun.
- Lace up your ice skates and hit the rink for a great cardiovascular workout.
- Get outside and shovel the snow, but use caution not to overexert yourself.
- Bundle up and head outside for a family walk, or take the dog out for a stroll.
- Make use of the local community center and play a game of basketball.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.