(HealthDay News) -- The design and atmosphere of your bedroom can impact the quality of your sleep.
The National Sleep Foundation offers these tips for a sleep-conducive room:
- Put some effort into designing your room and keeping it organized. Think of it as a peaceful sanctuary that should feel calming as soon as you enter.
- Get rid of piles of papers and other unnecessary items.
- Make sure the furniture arrangement is pleasing.
- If possible, don't allow computers or a TV in your bedroom.
- Choose paint colors, artwork, comforters and other elements in relaxing, soothing colors.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.