(HealthDay News) -- Pain management during delivery is a very personal choice for each woman, with some not wanting to use medication.
The Womenshealth.gov website mentions these natural pain management techniques for use during childbirth:
- Practice relaxation techniques and deep breathing.
- Soothe pain with a warm bath or shower, or ask your partner to give you a massage.
- Use heat and cold therapy, such as a cold washcloth on your forehead and a heating pad on your lower back.
- Seek support from a midwife or loved one.
- Decide which position is most comfortable during labor, whether it's standing, crouching or sitting.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.