(HealthDay News) -- Keeping your hands, utensils, food and work station clean are among the best ways to prevent foodborne illness.
The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service offers this advice:
- Always keep hands clean, washing frequently and thoroughly.
- Wear clean disposable gloves if you have any type of hand wound.
- Wash cutting board before and after using, and sanitize when necessary.
- Don't re-use unwashed utensils or dishes that have touched raw meat.
- Thoroughly wash food thermometers before and after each use.
- Keep pets, cleaners and chemicals away from food.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.