(HealthDay News) -- Reading aloud to your child is a great way to spend time together, and it helps the child develop and learn.
The American Association of School Librarians says the benefits of reading out loud to a child include:
- Improved self-esteem and sense of security.
- Improved communication between child and parent.
- Exposure to concepts such as colors, shapes, letters and numbers in a fun way.
- Improved skills, such as listening, language, memory and vocabulary.
- Exposure to the world around the child.
- Development of positive attitude, healthy behavior and social values.
- Fostering a love of reading.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.