(HealthDay News) -- Before you head out for summer fun at the beach, brush up on some basic safety guidelines to make sure you enjoy the day without injury.
The American Red Cross offers these beach-safety tips:
- Make sure you know how to swim, and only swim when lifeguards are present.
- Anyone who isn't an experienced swimmer, as well as young children, should wear a life jacket near water.
- Check the depth of the water before diving.
- Closely supervise seniors and young children, even in shallow water.
- Don't bother marine life, and watch for animals and plants that may be harmful.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.