(HealthDay News) -- Post-traumatic stress disorder can occur after many events that can range from witnessing a trauma, living through a natural disaster or even the death of a loved one.
The Womenshealth.gov website says typical warning signs of PTSD include:
- Having flashbacks or bad dreams about an event.
- Having uncontrollable, frightening thoughts.
- Avoiding reminders of a trauma.
- Having feelings of hurting yourself or someone else.
- Having difficulty sleeping
- Lashing out in anger.
- Having feelings of loneliness, sadness, guilt or ongoing fear.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.