(HealthDay News) -- Growing a garden offers many healthy benefits, from eating fresher produce to getting regular physical activity.
The New York State Department of Health offers these gardening tips:
- Build raised garden beds with clean, deep soil and untreated wood.
- Protect your hands with gloves.
- Before coming inside, brush yourself of any soil.
- When finished in the garden, wash with soap and water.
- Supervise small children to make sure they don't eat soil or put dirty objects in their mouths.
- Protect yourself with sunscreen and a hat.
Copyright © 2014 HealthDay
. All rights reserved.